You’ve tried it all before and nothing works and so you give up, been there before? Sound like you? We hear you, but the truth is, its not as hard as it may seem.
Follow these 5 simple steps below and you will be on your way to a happier, healthier, more motivated you;
1. Choose training you love - Over the years I have gone from, group classes, to running, to pilates & yoga then onto weights. I really have covered it all. In doing so I can now rule out what I do and don't love and its quite simple, if I don't love it, I wont do it. Personally for me a good mix of pilates, weights and walking followed by a good long stretch is my go to regime.
2. Set up at home - There are a million amazing fitness apps and online classes out there to help you on your way. Picking up a set of dumbbells or a resistance band for 15 minutes is all it takes to get your body moving. It's about working smarter, not harder.
3. Get your steps up - Get out there and start walking! Walking is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health. Just 30 minutes every day can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. What's more, its free!
4. Keep it short & consistent - If you make your workouts hours long you will not be consistent with what you are doing and your goals will go out the window. Just 30 minutes of exercise can boost your morale and increase your fitness, that really is all it takes. Try setting out your workout clothes, watch, headphones etc the night before, that way you will be half way to making it to that class, walk, bootcamp that you committed to the night before.
5. Discipline - We all know it, but don't want to hear it. We all have our highs and lows, our days where we are full of energy and others where we really just want to couch surf and watch netflix with a bucket of ice cream! Its important to make changes to your lifestyle that are realistic but allow time to plan ahead for good nutrition and a work out that you will enjoy. Keep up the discipline and over time your work outs will just become habit.